With advanced photographic and printing technology, luxury vinyl plank flooring is now an affordable and super stylish option for many Gilbert homes and businesses. But as with any material, there are pros and cons to luxury vinyl plank flooring.
Here at Floor Coverings International Chandler-Gilbert, we want to make sure you select the perfect floor for your needs. Here are some factors to consider before purchasing luxury vinyl floors for your home or business:
Advantages of Luxury Vinyl Planks
- You can install them on top of any surface. Unlike hardwood flooring, you can even leave ceramic tile on the floor and install vinyl plank flooring right on top of it.
- They’re water resistant. This makes these floors perfect for places such as mudrooms, kitchens, and even basements.
- They absorb sound and insulate your space better than laminate flooring and glue down vinyl.
- They’re more affordable. Compared to authentic hardwood or ceramic tile, luxury vinyl plank flooring is extremely affordable.
- Installation is a cinch, and repairs can be made quite easily. Even when one plank in the middle of your floor becomes damaged, it can be simply popped out and replaced.
Disadvantages of Luxury Vinyl Planks
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring will not improve the value of your home as ceramic tile or real hardwood floors might.
- In many cases, despite the durability of vinyl plank floors, scratching can be a problem. Also, you cannot refinished luxury vinyl as you can real hardwood.
As you can see, vinyl plank flooring is an excellent alternative to hardwood and tile because of its versatility and affordability. If you would like to install luxury vinyl floors in your own home, give us a call! Floor Coverings International Chandler-Gilbert offers free consultations to home and business owners in Chandler, Gilbert, Ahwatukee, Tempe, Mesa, Maricopa and beyond.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Joe Ferrer